Over the last couple of decades, Bangladesh economy witnessed remarkable economic growth appreciation largely to sustained expansion of its rural economy. During the 1990s both the crop and non-crop sub-sectors within agriculture have experienced faster growth, contributing directly to the rise of rural employment and income. According to PKSF intervention, NGF has been promoting and expanding diversified non-farm activities in the coastal areas by engage women that increasing the investment both public and private sectors. Some of these coastal Rural Non Farm (RNF) activities are:
- Homestead based enterprises; handicraft, small cottages, Mini Garments/Tailoring etc.
- Crop processing & Marketing; Rice Milling, Food Packaging etc.
- Equipment repair workshop/Mobile Serving Center
- Rural transport services; Saw Mills, Auto Bike, Nasimon, Easy bike etc.
- Shop keeping, Business Center, Rural business initiative
- Cottage industries, like pottery, bamboo and cane made products, food processing & packaging etc.
To know the activities of non farm sector, please click the link for more details